Welcome
Welcome to rpplace

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

P.S. If you already have an account please disregard this message...

Adventurers' Passion: The Somn Chronicles

Adventurers' Passion: The Somn Chronicles

Postby Darkmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:29 am

Tira walked through the trees, her useless eyes not hampering her at all. Though here eyes couldn't see she was aware of all that surrounded her. If anyone asked, she would hesitate to answer, but if pressed she would describe it as less seeing, and more an awareness. She simply knew. It was like a sense that replaced her vision with another more expansive one.

"Rainy, Eric," She said, "we need to keep a watch at all times." She knew what came next, one of them would ask why. And she would answer as she always did. It wasn't that she wanted to be cryptic. But most of the time it was best to be vague when explaining things like this. Too much foreknowledge could be dangerous. Especially in the hands of people how didn't understand how their actions effected time. Not that she didn't trust her companions. She loved her sister with all her heart, and would trust her with anything, and she'd been in love with Eric for the year she'd been alive. Though you couldn't tell she was only one by looking at her. But that didn't change the danger, both to the world at large and themselves. And things were much more chaotic here, where time flowed so quickly.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41

Re: Adventurers' Passion: The Somn Chronicles

Postby Shewolf13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 am

Raina had taken point of their little party. She preferred being out in front... just in case. Though she figured her omniscient sister knew what they in store for them, Raina wanted to be the first to face... whatever it was. After all, they were in a very different world from what they were used to.

"Rainy, Eric." Raina turned to look at her sister. "We need to keep a watch at all times." The blonde-haired girl pursed her lips at her sister.

"There you go again... why do we need a watch at all times? Are you saying that because it just makes sense that we're in a strange world... or is it because you know something?"

Eric just nodded. Regardless why Tira had suggested, it was a good idea. He slipped an arm around Tira's waist. "That's a good idea. I can take first watch. First, let's try to set up some kind of camp. Or should we keep moving first?"
Thanks to Wadjet for the set ^^
Shewolf13

Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 7

Postby Darkmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 am

"Shitte iruga kurudarou," she said. "It's important that we remain on guard. And we should build our camp somewhere more concealed." She looked at them. "And Rainy, I'd like to take the lead, I'm better protected than I look." Eric simply took everything she said in stride he'd do anything Tira told him. She loved him for it, though it did worry her somewhat, she hopped an error in judgement didn't get him hurt.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 am

Raina nodded at the wisdom of Tira's words. It was important to keep a lookout as well as to pick a strategic spot for their camp. However, she shook her head vehemently when Tira talked of taking the lead. "Didn't we already go over this," she said. "I'll take point. You need to remain in the middle. While it's true you are not weak, we can't risk you getting hurt. Of the three of us, you are the only one capable of healing at all. If something happens to you, we are all in very real trouble. So, I remain up front. Unless you can tell me without a shadow of a doubt that putting you in the middle will endanger you, it stays that way."
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 am

Tira sighed, "but my healing is either weak or slow," she said. "It would be better if we just didn't get hurt at all." She knew she was fighting a losing battle, one of the down sides to Omniscience. But she had to try anyway. She would do anything to keep her loved ones out of harms way. She just wished Riana could see how strong she was. She was sure if her sister could tell then it would be allot easier for her to accept her plan.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 am

"It doesn't matter. It's still healing," Raina said stubbornly, stopping and crossing her arms over her chest. "So, I take point." It wasn't the fact that Raina thought her sister weak. Farthest thing from it in fact. Raina had the utmost respect for her sister and loved her dearly. That was why she insisted that Tira remain in the middle. Tira had come so close to death at least four times in the last two weeks. Two of those times could be laid directly at Raina's feet, because she couldn't control her own abilities. So no matter what Tira said, Raina wouldn't endanger her further. She hadn't really wanted Tira to come in the first place, but her little sister had insisted. That was all well and good... but now she was going to have to deal with the fact that Raina wanted to keep the risk to her minimal.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 am

"Rainy," she said, "I know you're scared for me. But if you get hurt I won't be able to heal you in the midst of battle, so then who will protect me. No offense Eric."

"None taken, though I wish I was strong enough to protect you. Lord knows it's a bit embarrassing to have to hide behind my fiance. Leave alone my fiance who's still in the body of a five year old..." He sighed, "and now I sound like a lecher."

Tira patted his leg, "there there my love. This body won't be young like this for too much longer. I've made this much progress in only a year, so think of what I'll look like in seven."

"Seven?"

"Rainy's planning to go back when she's the same age as Johnny..."

"This is going to be a long seven years."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Raina's jaw set stubbornly and she shook her head. "I'm tougher than I look too. And Eric can always take you and run." The more Tira wanted to argue with her, the more Raina was digging her heels in about this. Particularly since Tira seemed to know something was going to happen. "Tira," Raina said after a moment. She looked solemn. "I'm not putting you in any more danger than I have to. I would actually prefer if you both would go back. This is my choice to come here and to stay for so long. I-I've had to watch far too often in the past few days as you've almost DIED. So, please, just let me do this, alright?"
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 pm

"How do you think I'd feel if you got hurt?"Tira asked. "It would be horrible Rainy..." She sniffled. Tira loved her family, and she and Riana were especially close. Possibly because Tira was the only one who know what to expect next from the energetic little girl. Or maybe she just wanted to be near someone who understood just how lonely and small she felt. Or maybe it was just Riana enjoying having someone who would always lay with her. "If- if you're sure..."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Raina went to her sister and gave her a hard hug. "I'm sure little sister. I love you. L-let me feel like I can do something for you, ok? I promise I'll be careful." Then she gave Tira a saucy grin. "Besides, it'll be fun!" After giving her sister one last reassuring squeeze, she began to lead the way once again. She was bouncing with energy as they walked through the trees. Those trees towered above them, easily a 150 feet in the air. There was mostly deciduous trees that resembled oak and maple and elm. Scattered amongst these trees were conifers that had trunks that were easily twice as wide as they were tall.

"So, what do you think lives here?" Raina called back.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:47 am

"What doesn't?" she asked, a mischievous smile on her face. Riana would accuse her of being too vague, and her assessment wasn't unfair. She certainly didn't give information out very freely. But at the same time she never lied not if it could be avoided. She just didn't think it was necessary to tell people everything, knowing everything was more trouble than it was worth.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:39 am

Raina laughed and rolled her eyes. She didn't know why she had bothered asking. Tira liked to play things close to her vest. She took her responsibility of knowing everything very seriously. Raina didn't mind it, not really, but she did like to tease her on occasion. Though it bothered her greatly that Tira knew when bad things would happen, particularly to herself, and she just... let them happen! Raina's lip quivered as she thought about what her own abilities had done to Tira. Her sister had known exactly what would happen when she'd touched her that first time... and she'd done it anyway and all for a girl who had later tried to kill her- and who, Tira was sure, would eventually succeed!

Just thinking of it had the build up of energy beginning as Raina's dark eyes began to swirl like thunderheads.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:58 am

Tira smiled, taking Eric's hand, "well if we're going to be posting guards and finding a sheltered spot to sleep, then we could do worse than heading east." They would take her advice, she knew, after all what reason did they have to not take her advice? Still she often wondered what would happen if they didn't. If a person took an unexpected turn where their life was meant to go another way. What would happen. But that was impossible, there was only one thing she could do. No matter what choices might appear to be in front of her.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 am

Raina nodded sagely. "Ok. So East it is." The young girl headed off in the direction her sister had pointed out. The energy buildup was only increasing. Now that it had started, she'd have to discharge the energy before it became too much. But she'd keep it handy for now, in case they met any other unfriendlies.

Eric could smell the charge in the air with Raina in front of them and he squeezed Tira's hand, then brought it up to his lips to kiss it gently. "I love you," he murmured softly.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:16 am

"And I love you," she said, stepping closer to him. "I can't wait for this body of mine to grow," she said, her voice dreamy. It was true that she knew what their life together was going to be like, it would have been odd if she didn't. But knowing and experiencing were very different things and she lived for the day she would belong to him. Until then she would do whatever it took to protect her family.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 am

Eric leaned down to kiss her cheek. "I can't wait either, my love. But it'll come soon enough. I-I want it to be right." He was talking softly so that Raina couldn't hear.

Raina herself was looking around the forest, her natural curiosity getting the better of her. She had pulled ahead of Eric and Tira a bit. Her dark eyes widened as she saw some kind of stone formation. She couldn't tell exactly what it was, though because it was obscured by overgrowth. She approached it without fear, wanting to know what it was.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 am

"Rainy," Tira called, "stick with us, we'll be safer that way." She sounded stern, but she smiled nonetheless. She loved her sister's adventurous spirit it made things dangerous on occasion, but that made things interesting. She grinned at Eric she ran after her sister. "What have you found?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 am

"Hey, I think I may have found a place for us to camp out for a while!" Raina called back. She pulled some of the vines down to expose what was once the facade of some kind of stone structure. It actually looked a lot like some of the ruins of medieval castles that were scattered around Europe. "Looks like what's left of some kind of fort, little sister. Some of the roof is still over this section. Don't know how often it rains here, but it'll give us some shelter. Hey Eric, wanna come here and help me clear out a space?"
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 am

He nodded, "I'll be right there. Tira why don't you rest for a little while while we get camp ready." The girl nodded, sitting by the overgrown wall waiting patiently for them.

Eric and Riana worked fast clearing out a space for them to stay, then, as soon as he saw that the girls were tucked away, Eric ran to gather fire wood.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:19 am

While Eric ran to gather firewood, Raina sat with Tira in the spot they'd cleared out. As was her wont, she had wrapped an arm around her sister. "How ya holdin' up little sister?" she asked her. She always worried about her sister. Raina took her responsibility as an older sister very seriously. It didn't matter that she knew that Tira would quickly grow more mature than her, or that Tira was far older than her years. Raina loved her sister with everything she was. And with Tira's frail body condition, Raina had made it her business to look after her. She had done a poor job of it the last few days. She planned on rectifying that.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 am

"I'm alright," she said, "just a little winded, not used to such uneven ground." She smiled at her sister. She was lucky to have so many people who cared for her. She didn't think she deserved so much affection, but everyone insisted on showering her with it anyway. She curled up on the floor closing her eyes. "Rainy, are you sure about this? Seven years is a long time to spend away from the one you love."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 am

Raina curled around her sister, knowing Tira needed the contact to feel safe. Raina tucked her younger sister close and rested her chin on the top of her head. "You just rest right here then. Eric should be back with the wood soon. Then we'll have a fire." At her sister's question, Raina was silent for a long moment. Then she said softly, "I love him so much, Tira. W-what would you do if Eric told you that it couldn't happen until you were older... if you hadn't found someone else by then. I-it sounded like an excuse. I-I know John has always been hard on himself. H-he's commented more than once that he's not good enough. I need to show him he's worth it. I know it'll be tough, but I don't have a choice."
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Tira nodded, "okay, as long as you're sure." She smiled gently at her sister. She was glad the girl's resolve was so solid, it would have to be if she was going to make it though these next years. Tira loved her sister, and wanted to see her happy. So she would support her sister's decisions no matter what she had to do to see her smile. "I love you Rainy."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 pm

"I'm sure," Raina said with conviction. She hugged Tira close to her. Though Tira was the same age as Raina in body, she was very thin. It was as if the universe had purposely made it so her body was as frail as her mind was powerful. Raina tried to always be very cognizant of the fact that even hugging her too hard was painful for her sister. Raina smiled. "I love you too Tira." She kissed the top of her sister's head and held her closer.

A little while later, Eric returned with an armful of wood. He smiled at the two girls on the ground. Raina disengaged herself from her sister so she could go help get the fire going. Raina was looking at their little pile of wood. She and Eric had surrounded it with some of the loose stones that had once been a part of their shelter. Rather than reach for the flint she had in her pack, Raina told Eric to stand back. "I wanna try something."

Eric did as she bid as the energy built up around the girl and the smell of ozone was thick in the air. Raina let out a breath as blue electricity crackled around her hand. She tried to channel the lightning at the pile of wood. But she had no where near that control yet. So while it struck some of the dry tinder and sparked a flame, it also began to bounce around their little shelter... "Tira, look out!" Raina cried jumping toward her sister.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 am

Tira braced herself on the ground the lightning seeking her out. Her energy an the energy Tria struggled to control were similar so she had always attracted it like a lightning rod. This was no different, she knew the electricity would seek her out there was no use in running, all she could do was prepare herself.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:38 am

The lightning crackled and struck around the girl. It looked as if it would avoid her just this once until one particularly large bolt struck Tira in the chest, the energy running through her frail body in an instant, the charge the most that had done so to date. It truly seemed as if the chaotic energy that existed and thrived within Raina was bent upon destroying Tira.

"Tira!" Raina screamed, falling to her knees at her sister's side.
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:58 am

"Rainy," she said weakly raising her hand to her sister's cheek, "are you okay? You didn't hurt yourself did you?" She wasn't worried about herself she wouldn't die here. But she knew that Riana would blame herself. So she made sure to make it clear she wasn't important.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 am

"Tira! I-I'm so sorry," Raina sobbed. "W-why does it keep going for you? I-I don't understand!" She put one hand over Tira's on her cheek. "Tira, tell me what you need me to do. H-how bad is it?"
Shewolf13

Postby Darkmaster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 am

"It's seeking an outlet," Tira said, "I'm the closest one."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:11 am

"Tira, what do you need me to do for you?" Raina asked again, her grip on on Tira's hand tightening a little. "W-will you be ok? Are you going into shock again? Please tell me what to do..."
Shewolf13

Next

Return to Aislin (IC)