rpplace.freeforums.org

Taking the Table out of Tabletop Gaming
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to rpplace

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

P.S. If you already have an account please disregard this message...

Post subject: Starfall
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The entire village was build within the treetops. The vast majority of the buildings were build inside the trees themselves. Long bridges acted as streets and roads, connecting the various areas. The center of the city was a massive tree stump, which looked like a city that might be seen elsewhere. Here, there were shops, and restaurants and inns.

Momoji walked through the streets of the central city, taking in the sights. She worked as a mercenary, and was supposed to meet with a client in this town. She said she would be waiting just outside the town gate.

Momoji stood fairly tall, and wore a white shirt and long black skirt. The clothing was lose, and beneath it she wore heavy armor. Slung over her back was her sword and shield. A hole was cut in the back of her skirt to allow fora wolves tail, and two wolf ears sprouted from the top of her head.

As she neared the gate, she came across her client. A very tall woman with long silver hair done in a single braid. She wore a red and blue dress and carried a bow and quiver.

"I take it you are Miss Eirin Yagokoro?" Momoji asked.

"And you are Momoji?" Eirin asked. "Great, then we must be going now."

Momoji bowed. "If I may ask, where are we headed?"

"To the lower forest. There are several things that I want to do down there. First of all, there are several rare ingredients that I am told can be found down there, and I am also interested in taking a study of the creatures down there and..."

Eirin was cut short when both of them heard people shouting. They turned back to see several people pointing into the sky. Looking up they could see a bright light descending.

The light streaked towards the ground in the distance, crashing through the massive trees. Finally it struck, and the ground shook and there was the sound of an explosion.

"What was that?!" Momoji asked.

"A meteorite!" Eirin said. "Now just think of all the rare minerals it might contain! New course of action, were heading towards the crash site!"

"As you wish, Miss Eirin." Momoji said.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Starfall
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Their journey took them deep into the lower forest. Here, it became steadily darker and darker, until they reached the forest floor. This level was utterly untouched by sunlight. However it was not complete darkness. The place was lit up by various luminous mushrooms. Strange glowing balls of light floated in the air providing their own illumination. Against the omnipresent blackness, it made for a sort of beautiful scenery.

Despite the limited light, the place was filled with sound. Animals screeched, howled, and roared. There was the sound of something splashing in the water. Eirin jumped once when she stepped on a snake. The serpent hissed indignantly and slithered under a log.

As they walked, Eirin took stock of the alchemical potions she had already made.
Quote:
Potions Prepared
Healing (Empowered)
Confusion
Resist Energy: Acid
Mind Clouding
Panacea
Poison
Liquid Wings
Potion Bomb (Empowered)
Rimefire
Disintegration Fluid
Poison Lightning
Wave of Healing
Might of the Stormlords

Soon in their travels, they came to an area that was different from the other areas of the lower forest. Here, gravestones were arranged, however vines grew over them. In the distance, there could be seen the lights of a small village.

"A graveyard?" Momoji said. She drew her sword. "Is our path through there?"

"Unfortunately." Eirin said. She drew her bow, prepared to fight whatever might decide to leap out at them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:24 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
"Oh boy, what do we have here? Intruders?"

A young [cat]woman jumped down from a nearby tree. "I'm Bridgit, I work for the master of this 'yard. Are you guys here for that meteorite that just crashed nearby? Because if you are, I have at least three options for you. One: Fight. Two: Leave. Three: Come with me and try to convice my boss to let you take the thing that crash landed here."

Bridgit looked around for a moment after stating the choices she had presented. "Oh damn it, what happened to my incubus? He knows he's not allowed to automatically unsummon himself..."

And because there's no better place to put this, there are some undead skeleton type things digging holes nearby.
(short post is short. sorry.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Eirin kept her weapon aimed the catgirl. Despite her harmless looks, by the scene around her she might be a threat. The skeletons looked threatening but they seemed to be nothing more than graverobbers.

The scantily clad catgirl might be more than she seemed. She had mentioned something about an incubus. Even worse she had referred to it as my incubus, inplying that she had bound the demon to her service. Even worse that that, she had mentioned that she served a master, which might be a fiend of even more strength.

She didn't move her head, but scanned the yard with her eyes. Perhaps the incubus was hiding, waiting for an opportunity to strike.
Quote:
Spot Check
Looking for incubus
Roll: 25

She replied carefully. "That depends, who is your master?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 pm 

The skeletons began moving forming a wall between the Warlock and the intruding warriors. "Oh dear. It seems you made them angry. I’m not sure what you could have done but I’m finished here anyway. Kai!”

“My name is Reithi,” the Incubus said, appearing next to the woman hand over his face.

“Kai, would you be a dear and take the master’s recherché materials back to him? I don’t want to go all that way with the stench following us.”

“Yes mistress,” the demon said, putting a hand on the pile of corpses the skeletons had heaped into a pile.
“Oh and Kai?”

“Yes mistress?”

“I'm hungry, so prepare some soup or something after you’re done.”

“Yes mistress,” he said with a bow throwing two corpses over each shoulder and blinking out of existence, before coming back to take another set.

“As for you two,” the catwoman said to the adventurers. “If you want that rock I’m afraid it fell into Mister Killstaff’s garden and he keeps everything that makes its way into his garden. But- Mister Pumpkinhead-skeleton-guy, could you show our guests the way to the boss? Okay good, I'm going back for a snack." And with that she disappeared leaving the skeletons and her demonic servant.

“Hey giant skeleton,” the Incubus said, “you mind taking some of these?” But the skeleton simply walked up to the two women, bending down and affixing a burning eye on them before picking them up and putting them on his shoulder. “Of course you can’t.”

The giant’s skeleton began to move into the depths of the forest a cloud of bony rats swarming after it and an even more massive dinosaur at its side.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:38 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Far below them the women would see that the forest floor, never once touched by light in only the gods knew how long quickly give way to dense greenery, the ground covered by vines sprouting large pumpkins. And almost as soon as they entered this area the skeletons began to appear, trailing after them, each one topped by a pumpkin with eyes and mouth glowing with a ghostly green fire, and each one fixated on the living creatures who had intruded upon their territory. As the giant kept walking and the miles slowly slipped by the number of the boney undead continued to multiply until they were being followed by a veritable hoard of skeletons of every description, animals, humans, giants, all creatures that had found their death among the vast stretch of forest the greenery dominated all with one single trait in common. They bore pumpkins for heads.

Finally after hours of travel they came to a clearing, a glade lit by torches that burned with a magical, smokeless, fire with a small cloaked figure scurrying about a pile of corpses. Glancing over at the giant he froze looking up at the women from behind a hooded cloak.

“BRIDGET!”

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 am 

A loud boom could be heard from a nearby place located outside of the 'house' that Bridgit lived in.

"Oh boy. I wonder what I did to make him mad this time... Kai, you'd probably be better off if you found a place to hide in this case. Comming along with me might end up getting us both mauled seven eighths of the way to death. It's probably better if I save you for an ambush if I need to anyway."

"Well, I suppose that gives me more time to read another one of those errotic books that you keep picking up. They seem to be the ONLY good literature you actually borrow from the library. Everything else is cookbooks or books on stuff that I already know how to do."

With a sigh, Bridgit put down the errotic novel she was reading after marking her page, put her mantle back on and proceeded to teleport to the location of her clearly irritated master.

"What is it this time, 'Oh great keeper of the yard and master of undeath'? Interrupting me when I'm reading an erro-" Bridgit looked around and then saw Eirin and Momiji "Oh look the guests from earlier. Anyways..." Bridgit turned to Killstaff "What did you need me for here anyway, Killstaff?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 am 
Site Admin

"What are those?" The kobold asked, pointing at the pair of women with one hand and putting the other on his hip.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:49 am 

Bridgit gave a shrug. "They appear to be women. I'm not exactly sure if one of them is human or not, but I'm pretty sure the other one is a Wolfkin. I think she also said something about a path to what I can probably assume is that rock that landed out back when I found them earlier."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:52 am 
Site Admin

"So you know what they are. Let me ask, why would you have MY pumpkin man bring a pair of sentient, living women to my glade? And as a follow up question, HAVE YOU GONE COMPLETELY INSANE?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:56 am 

"Well, I figured it'd be easier than chasing them off since clearly the more human of the two is dangerous. They would have just plowed their way through anyway. And in response to the insanity question, I'd have to have lost a chunk of it to be working here. It's practically required to be a warlock, too."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:01 am 
Site Admin

"There are thousands of creatures out there, all craving those women's life force, and you think they'd have just 'powered through?' Would you like me to send you out there under a Dimensional Anchor, and see how well you power through?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:23 am 

"Well, I wouldn't last very long. Even if I had Reithi doing all of the fighting."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 am 
Site Admin

"If the two of you wouldn't last very long. Why would the two of them fair better?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:26 am 

"Well clearly the more human looking one is an alchemist of some sort, and the wolfkin has some kind of fighting ability. Anyway if we aren't going to discuss anything else, I'm going back to reading."

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 am 
Site Admin

The necromancer sighed, "fine," he said, "I suppose I have to deal with our guests anyway."

Turning to the Women he pulled his hood back, reveling a reptilian face covered in an intricate web of arcane markings. "Well," he said, "it seems we have a problem. Now that you know the way to my little home, I can't ever let you leave. No, it wouldn't do for you to tell anyone about my home. I suppose I could use Geass on you but I really don't want to waste my powerful scrolls, and I haven't prepared it today. And there's also the chance you'll try to have it removed... So, you work for me now, or I have my giant friend take you out to join the undead legions of my garden of the dead."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

This day had started out as a simple expedition to hunt for rare ingredients that grew in the lower levels of the forest. Then she had seen the meteorite falling from the sky, and had changed her mission to examine the meteorite, hoping to find materials that didn't appear on this world.

Instead, she had ended up in a strange graveyard and was ambushed by a scantily clad catgirl and her incubus lackey. She had been seized without even the opportunity to fight back* and carried through some sort of pumpkin patch. And now she was standing before what appeared to be the demon lord of bad halloween cliche's. Who for some reason had decided to take the form of a kobold.

And now the foul creature was attempting to threaten her into service. Her, the royal alchemist, of all people! Eirin's first reaction was to hurl an explosive potion down a the little fiend for daring to be so arrogant.

Common sense tempered her decision though. Starting a fight here wouldn't be wise. She might be able to kill the shapeshifted fiend before it could react, but there was Momoji to consider. She might be able to take the signal and take down the catgirl but then there were the hordes of pumpkin headed undead outside to consider. Not to mention the incubus, who had disappeared again.

Judging the situation, perhaps outright attacking wasn't the best option. The next best thing might be diplomacy (and shifting the blame).

"I had no intention of intruding on your territory. In fact had it not been for your assistant, I would not even know that you were here. She's the one that ordered the skeletons to bring me here in the first place. All I'm asking is for a chance to study the meteorite that crashed here, and perhaps take a sample of the materials for research purposes. I would be willing to trade you a number of my potions for this."
Quote:
*I would have totally started a grapple had Rikari actually read the rules, just so you know.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

The Kobold tilted his head, “am I to take that as a no?”

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

"It's not a no." Eirin said. "I'm willing to pay you in several high quality potions in exchange for getting to study the meteorite. So yes, as a matter of fact it might be a no, but it's a different offer."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

The kobold sighed, “that’s a shame,” he said, “rend them,” he said simply. A shadowy blotch rushed from the shadows falling over them and shoving them to the side another coming down from above and engulfing the warrior, Erin being knocked aside.

“Oh my,” Killstaff said, “it seems you’re friend’s gone and gotten herself into quite the pickle. That necroelemental’s going pump her full of negative energy until there’s nothing left. In fact, you can feel the effects as well by now, can’t you? I'll say it again, you will submit, or I'll have not other recourse but to end your existence.”

Quote:
Engulf: 2 points of energy drain each round engulfed (grappled bonus +28) and elemental gains 5 temp HP per point drained.
Aura of Ending, all creatures within 30ft take 1d6 negitive energy damage per round (from each.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

Eirin aimed her bow at the demon. She remained absolutely still, the arrow pulled back. Her hand remained ready immediately reload another arrow upon firing. Yet instead of letting lose a barrage of arrows she looked over to where Momoji was wrestling with the elemental that was draining her life force.

She sighed. "Fine, you win. You'll have my services."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

“Thank you,” Killstaff said, “release her.” The elementals moved away leaving the warrior behind. “Now,” the Kobold said, “I know you’re uneasy about all this but there’s no need to worry. My servants have a great deal of autonomy. Once they’ve proven they can be trusted mind. We have all the necessities here. I have a cleric but he’s off traveling somewhere at the moment so we’ll need to teleport to someone who can get rid of that bother my elementals inflicted on your friend. So, what are your names?”

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

"My name is Eirin Yagokoro, and this is Momoji Inubashiri. She's serving as bodyguard during my travels. And by the way, don't worry about the life force draining."

Eirin reached into her pocked and pulled out a vial. She walked over to the wolf-girl and handed it to her. "Drink this. You'll be feeling fine in no time."

Quote:
Panacea
The following afflictions are removed from the consumer/target: Poison, Disease, Daze, Stun, Confusion, all [Fear] effects, Ability Damage and negative levels

As Momoji drank the potion, she felt her vitality return. She stood up and dusted herself off. "Thanks." She said.

Meanwhile, from the windows, a light could be seen, eminating from the meteorite.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

“Convenient,” he said, “now, as to your payment, “room and board are free, but we’ll have to build separate quarters for you. You’ll be allotted a space you can share or dive amongst yourselves as you see fit. My lab,” he pointed, “is that large building over there. Stay out of my private study but otherwise you have free run. As for actual payment, I can pay you in any way you’d like. Gold, Gems, even souls or a particularly rare regent or piece of knowledge, I’ll get my hands on it somehow. Any questions so far?”

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 pm 

"Hmmm... I wonder what I should do about that rock that fell into the garden since everybody seems to be ignoring it." Bridgit turned to Killstaff. "Hey Killstaff, what do you want me to do about the rock that landed in the garden?"

(shortpostisshortbutIneedtohelpprogresstheplotsomehow.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

"What?" he asked, "just have one of the skeleton's toss it somewhere I'm busy."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 pm 

"Okay. I guess I'll have it moved to somewhere that isn't the garden." Bridgit shrugged as she walked out of the room whilst taking care to grab the attention of one of the larger skeletons to take care of the meteorite.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Eirin moved over to where she could get a better look at the meteorite. "Hmm? There's someone standing next to it..."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

"Oh?" Killstaff asked turning around. "For the love of," he muttered. "Hey, who are you and what are you doing on my lawn."

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

The intruder was roughly human in shape, though the similarities ended there. It stood about 6 feet tall and wore long flowing robes. The creature had the head of a jackal. He payed no attention to Killstaff's words, and was intently focused on the meteorite. It held in it's hands a book, and was continuously writing in it.

He then spoke a word and the meteorite glowed briefly. The creature nodded and focused on it's book, continuing to write in it.

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC