rpplace.freeforums.org

Taking the Table out of Tabletop Gaming
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:13 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to rpplace

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

P.S. If you already have an account please disregard this message...


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Image
War raged. Explosions filled the night sky, Illiuminating the pitched battle just outside the royal city. Soldiers charged across the fields outside the realm, their unit's smashing into platoons of undead, screeching and wailing. Necromancers strode across the battlefield chanting spells that rose up the fallen soldiers as their own servants. Thick smoke filled the battle as fireballs and cloudkills were cast. Roars echoed across the field as summoned creatures on both sides ripped through formations, sending opponents flying.
Image
Above that, mages flew about, hurling fire down upon their enemies below or blasting each other. Lighting struck and fire flashed, and mages of both sides fell screaming and burning to the ground, where those who survived were quickly killed by the opposing army.
Image
Still above that, fleets of airships flew, magecannons unleashing hot plasma on opposing fleet, each flash lighting up the sky like day. Scattered throughout both fleets were dragons, carrying mages on their backs. Other mages flew with soldiers to enemy ships, attempting to infiltrate them and bring them down.

DM wrote:
Massive armies of airships and undead have emerged from portals to the negative energy plane, entering in the mountains and are now sweeping down to conquer the royal city. The defenders have risen up to fight them, sparking a massive battle in the plains outside the city. This battle has multiple key areas that could change it's course. Where are you during the fighting?

The Ground Assault
A Death Knight mounted on a nightmare is leading the undead ground assault, tearing through the opposing formations. A team of paladins is managing to hold the monster back, but it is only a matter of time before the Death Knight Breaks through them.

The Air Assault
The airship battle is holding better than the ground assault, thanks in no small part to the metallic dragons that have shown up to fight alongside the royal army. A rapid disabling of the enemies frontline airships could allow the royal forces to push forwards.

The City
An undead airship crashed into the city early on in the fight, and it has continued to release undead into the city. The defenders remaining within the city have managed to contain the undead, though they are evenly matched. A decisive blow on either side would quickly end this conflict.

The Whisper
The ship of the necromantic army's leader is near the back of the battle, giving commands to the other units. If one were to take out this ruler, they would deal a crippling blow to the enemies tactics and strategy.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Charden flew high above the battle, invisible to any of the combatants. Flying silently though the air he made hi way quietly toward the largest of the flying ships, landing on the deck he began moving. There were no enemies in sight, most likely they were inside the ship while it was in flight. Looking around he found a door and made his way inside.

*****

Meanwhile, on the ground, a lone warrior waded though the ranks of undead, his massive ax cleaving through bone and flesh, his eyes fixed on the mounted death knight. Breaking though he pushed his way to the platoon of paladins. "Come on boys," he bellowed, "let's bring this beast down!"


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Sayo flew high above the battle, so high she disappeared into the night sky. She was armed with her bow, and kept her distance from the fighting. She flew over the airships firing on one another, swiftly making her way towards the rear of the enemy forces.

Unnoticed, she landed on the flagship, heading inside. She stowed her bow and drew her sword and shield.

______
The battle below raged, knight clashing against undead. Mia flew out from the city, her eyes focused on the death knight. Before she could arrive, the death knight dispatched the last of the defending paladins and then strode forwards, to push through the remaining troops. But before it could do that, a tall dragon-like creature landed before it, intent on standing in it's way.

Mia landed close to the dragon-warrior. She held out her staff towards the death knight. "Staff, give me information on this enemy."

"As you wish, milady." The staff replied in a mechanical voice.

Mia's eye's glowed, and information began to pour in about the enemy.
Quote:
Scan
Knowledge Check: 42 success
Death Knight
Strength 40 (+15)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution --- [undead]
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 19 (+4)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Class: Blackguard 16

Skills: Whatever

Feats: Stuff


Quote:
Mia's Spells
Zero-level Wizard spells: 4 per day
Caltrops: Creates caltrops in 5-ft.-by-5-ft. square, + 5-ft. square/2 levels beyond 1st (max 5).
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
Ell's Dramatic Action: Target's actions appear more awesome, possibly photoshopped even.

First-level Wizard spells: 7 (4+3) per day
Lightning Spear: 60' line deals 4d4 electricity damage, +1d4 per level over first. (cast)
Ashe's Mind Lance: Deal damage, interrupt spell.
Sobering Skeletal Stillness: Creature with skeletal structure is unable to move.
Erzebet's Skull Bomb: Throws a skull, explodes for damage, slow.
Charm Person: Makes one person your friend.
Blossom of Razors: Your foe's organs cut them apart from the inside.
Silent Image: Creates minor illusion of your design.

Second-level Wizard spells: 7 (4+3) per day
Bamf: Lets you teleport short distances once per round.
Cain's Curse of Covetousness: Designate an object, which attracts creatures and causes them to fight over it.
Elush's Eye-Blasting Explosion: Convert enemy's eyes to acid, explode outward.
Wei Yu's Crashing Wave: Send a wave of water to disturb movement, channel for greater effect.
Tremors: You cause earth to shoot up and hit people. (Cast)
Glitterdust: Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.
Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.

Third-level Wizard spells: 7 (4+3) per day
Hijack Spell: Steal one spell.
Fire Potency: You create a strong link between yourself and the elemental plane of fire. (cast)
True Darkness: Creatures true darkness in area.
Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
Suggestion: Compels subject to follow stated course of action. (cast)
Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.

Fourth-level Wizard spells: 7 (4+3) per day
Minute Meteors: You launch small but explosive meteors from your hand.
Celestial Brilliance: 120 ft emanation of light, bright to 60 feet (double penalty to light sensitive, 1d6 damage to undead, 2d6 damage to evil outsiders and sensitive undead within 60 feet)
Mirror Image, Greater: As mirror image*, but gain an additional image each round.
Minor Wish: A tiny Replica of the Wizards greatest achievement Wish.
Black Tentacles: Tentacles grapple all within 15 ft. spread.
Solid Fog: Blocks vision and slows movement.
Greater Invisibility: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.

Fifth-level Wizard spells: 6 (4+2) per day
Misspell: Target's spells go awry in a humorous and rarely useful fashion.
Teleport: Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles/level. (cast)
Flaming Cannonball: Blast through walls and blow up everyone in the room.
Bear's Endurance, Greater: Subject gains a great boost to constitution.
Temporal Sphere: Creates a sphere of slower time.
Sasha's Sunny Day: Hinder or destroy enemies with harsh light.

Sixth-level Wizard spells: 4 (3+2-1) per day
Raistlin's Wheel of Flame: Creates a swirling wheel of steadily intensifying flames.
Greater Dispel Magic: As dispel magic, but +20 on check.
Extended Freezing Fog: Freezing fog deals 1d6 cold damage each round, and creatures must make a Reflex save or fall. Ballance DC 10 to move. Max speed* 5.
Undeath to DeathM: Destroys 1d4 HD/level undead (max 20d4).

Seventh-level Wizard spells: 5 (3+2) per day
Suddenly Doomtrain: Suddenly, everyone is run over by a train. WHUMP!
Veles Missile: A supreme variant of magic missile that draws upon the power of Veles, Slavic deity of magic.
Veles Missile: A supreme variant of magic missile that draws upon the power of Veles, Slavic deity of magic. (Lost)
Antimagic RayM: Target loses all magical powers.
Quickened Erzebet's Soul-Flensing Ligature: Grabs target's soul, positive damage in area, daze. (Cast)

Eighth-level Wizard spells: 3 (2+2-1) per day
Hijacking Dispel: Dispel, steal spells. (Lost)
Suddenly Phantom Train: Suddenly everybody is run over by the train of the dead, and it carries away their souls to the afterlife. (Lost)
Polymorph Any Object: Changes any subject into anything else. (Lost)

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Charden scurried through the halls of the ship, keeping as quiet and hidden as possible, despite being invisible he never trusted that alone, not against anyone with real power. The hall was dark and cold but, to that point, empty, then he slid to a stop, and ducked into a doorway as a hooded figure stepped out of one of the doors. Pulling his sword off his back he tensed his body and sprung, leaping though the air and stabbing at the figure but before he could connect the figure spun around and thew out their hand stopping him dead in the air but they didn't do anything else with him.

"Charden?" came a questioning voice.

He blinked, "Wei?"

The figure threw her hood off and smiled at him past gaunt lips, "Charden!"

"Wei! what are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know how it goes," she said, "fell in with some necromancers for a while, you?"

"They're attacking a city below, I'm helping to defend it."

"Oh! well, you know, normally we'd fight and all, but since it's you... besides, I don't think these necromancers trust me anyway, they never let me do anything and I'm bored."

"Alright, let's go kick some undead tail then!"

She nodded and they started running down the hall together.

****

Arin raised his ax and struck with blinding speed but he didn't aim for the warrior instead he struck toward the Death Knight's weapon striking his blade of it's sword sparks flying from the blade as the magic in his own blade flared to life and lanced into the sword, the magics disrupting the weapon's mystical properties and seeking to destroy it in burst of power.

Spoiler:
Active effects Vorpal, Merciful, and dispelling
Sunder: 15 ft reach
Attack:18+41=59
Damage 5+6+2+52=65
Dispel Check: 20+16=36 (Vs caster level+11)
If dispeled weapon is disjoined


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The death knight lashed out with it's sword as Arin approached, striking thrice.

Quote:
Monkey Grip
Reach of 30ft
Damage: 177
Arin HP 122/299


Arin's blow then smashed through the monsters blade, shattering it. Souls of the innocent, trapped by the monsters weapon, were now set free to leave this world.

Mia clasped her hands together, and energy began to form between them. She spoke words of magic, and the energy formed into crackling bolts of white energy. She let lose the spell, sending bolts of positive energy through both the fighter and the death knight.
Quote:
Lightning Spear
Energy Reshaper
Changed to Positive Energy
Reflex DC23
Damage: 36
Arin HP 158/299
Death Knight HP164/200



The death knight hissed as it lost it's weapon. It's armor was scorched black. It gestured, and three towering fiendish creatures appeared next to it.

Quote:
Astraeloth x3 HP 350/210 140 temporary hit points +20 Str

________
Sayo's senses detected no undead as she entered. With unnatural speed, she made her way through the hallways, to an intersection. There, she came across two creatures. One appeared to be a githzerai (with wings?) and the other was a giant humanoid squirred (even more what?). With her acute hearing, she overheard their conversation, and she realized that they were also here to fight the undead.

She was about to speak, when out of nowhere, three creatures emerged from the walls. They were human-like in appearance, but covered in sickly green flames.

Quote:
Witchfire x3 HP 115


The fiery creatures held out their hands, and bolts of fire shot out, blasting towards the group!

Sayo kicked, and a burst of wind deflected one of the attacks. She then spun and dodged another.
Quote:
2 misses.


The third undead hurled fire at the squirrel, striking head on.
Quote:
Witchflame
Hit
Damage: 33
Fort DC22
Charden 30 success HP 128/161

____________________________________________________________
The wealthy district of the city burned, as undead rampaged through it's streets. The town guard had managed to contain them there, though they couldn't for much longer.

A group of ghouls rushed towards a line of guards. Before they could strike however, a massive bolt of lightning struck down, eliminating the monsters.

The guards looked up to see a massive bird, crackling with electricity flying above the city. It swooped down, and then shouted, releasing a sonic shockwave that shattered a line of bone warriors. From atop the bird, an elven woman wielded a bow, releasing flaming arrows upon her enemies.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Arin snarled in pain at the strikes came in, but as a new combatant joined the fray and attacked striking both him and the knight in a maneuver Arin would recognize as a favorite of the Fe clan. Sizing up his opponent he made a snap decision and held his ax aloft. Grinning he pressed the advantage, his ax glowing with a white sheen. And he raised his blade striking like lighting his blades flashing forward faster than any normal person could follow.

Spoiler:
Swift: Gain Pulverising Blows

Attacks resolved as touch attacks, ignore Enhancement and Deflection bonuses to AC

Full attack: Standard
2+41=43
2+5+5+3+6+52=75

16+39=55,
4+4+4+6+5+52=75

1+39=40,
3+3+4+4+6+52=2

19+39=58
5+6+2+6+6+52=77


***

As the flames engulfed him Charden hissed in pain and pulled what looked like a hilt from his side, two blades of light leaping from the hilt before he faded from sight waiting for his opportunity to strike.

Wei, meanwhile, Wei took a more direct approach, "Iron Golem Rampages Through Barnyard!" She bellowed, her flesh turning to iron and then she rushed at one of the creatures with surprising speed and struck and then did so again, acting with unnatural speed and ferocity.

Spoiler:
Charden: Become invisible

Wei: Swift: Gain fighting style abilities Iron Body and act twice
Move
Attack: standard 14+27=41
5+5+3+5+4+1+1+3+2+6+6+3+6+4+4+5+3+5+28=99

Full: Full Attack
1+22=23
4+4+5+1+6+1+2+1+6+1+4+2+3+1+4+4+6+5+28=88

18+27=40
6+6+6+3+2+6+6+2+4+5+1+1+6+1+3+1+4+6+28=97

16+22=38
6,4,2,2,6,5,2,3,6,4,1,6,6,4,3,5,6,6,+28=105

2+22=24
5+6+6+5+3+2+2+2+3+3+4+2+4+3+3+6+3+6+28=96


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The death knight cried out as it was struck with deadly force. On the final blow, it's armor was blasted apart, various pieces scattered. They then began to fade away, releasing negative energy spirit essence as they did so.

"An astral projection?" Mia asked. She then promptly forgot all about the possibility of astral projection as the astraloths attacked.

The daemons were massively powerful, glutted and high off the consumption of the souls of those who died in the battle. Their bodies glowed even brighter as than they usually did.

Mia felt her staff grow warm as the defensive enchantments activated. It moved in the path of the yugoloth's claws, deflecting the blow.

Quote:
Miss


Another astraloth's body glowed. It held out both it's arms, and negative energy gathered into them. It clasped them together, and the negative energy grew stronger and stronger. It then pointed at Mia, and a it released a wave of negative energy. Dark splotches appeared on Mia's vision, as her life force began to drain.

Quote:
Finger of Death
SR: Success
Fort DC24
Damage: 28
Mia 33 success HP 102/130


The third astraloth leaped back and also gathered negative energy into it's hands. It pointed at Arin, and a crackling bolt struck the fighter, stealing his life force.
Quote:
Energy Drain
Hit
Damage: 4
Arin HP 138/279 -4 level


Mia readied to attack the next enemy, but the staff spoke again. "Mistress. The astraloth's finger of death ability is only usable once per day. I recommend focusing on the one that hasn't used it's ability yet."

"R-right" Mia pointed at the astraloth nearest to her, and spoke words of magic. "Sharcum pas edistus"
Quote:
Suggestion
Mind Reaver: Increase DC by 2.
Will DC27
Astraloth A fail HP 350/210 140 temporary hit points, +20, suggested

The astraloth stumbled about, before standing eerily still. Although the fiend had no eyes, it seemed to stare at Mia. The wizardess spoke in infernal. Strike down your allies.

The fiend turned towards one of it's cohorts, ready to attack.
________________________________
Sayo rushed down the hallway towards the fiery undead. She dodged more green flame bursts, leaping off the walls and ceiling, before bringing her blade down on the creature. Most strikes passed through the undead harmlessly, though for three of them, the swords magic rang true.
Quote:
Blitz
Attack Rolls: 37/37/32/40/43
Incorporeality 50% miss chance: 34/67/75/53/13
Damage: 116
Witchfire C HP 0/115

Quote:
Witchflame
Will DC22
Sayo 33 Success


As she turned back to the others, she saw that the gith had taken out an undead as well. The last of the undead hissed and fired another blast of fire. It missed, and the witch sank down into the floor.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Arin shook his head and howled at the sky before charging in and striking with the force of an avalanche. His ax seeming to slice through the very air as it struck forth faster than the eye could see.

Spoiler:
Close on astraloth: move
Full Attack: standard
17+32=49
Damage: 3+1+6+4+52=66

12+30=42
Damage:1+3+4+4+52=64

11+30=41
Damage: 1+2+6+5+52=66

4+30=34
Damage: 1+4+2+6+52=65

Resoved as touch attacks, ignore enhancement and deflection bonuses to AC, Ignores DR

DC 33 fort or sickened
DC 20 will or sequestered
DC 27 or die


************

Wei nodded at the newcomer and started moving down the hall. "Charden," she called out with her mind, "What do you think of this woman?"

"Seems like she's fighting on the same side as us for now, so why look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose."

She nodded and kept moving, knowing he'd be close behind her.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Quote:
Astraloth C HP 55/176 sickened con damage


The fiend hissed as the blade cleaved through it, leaving it critically wounded. It roared and leaped towards Arin, claws and fangs crackling with negative energy. Arin quickly leaped back flipping away from the strike. The monsters claws struck into the grass, blackening it.

Quote:
Active Assault
5 foot step as immediate action.


At Mia's mental command, one of the astraloths leaped upon it's comrade, ripping and tearing.
Quote:
4 hits
Damage: 76
Astraloth B HP 264/210 54 temporary hit points. +20 Str


The daemon not under her control quickly figured out what had happened, it pointed at mia and fired another bolt of negative energy, this one striking true and stealing her life force.
Quote:
Energy Drain
Spell Resistance Check: Success
Levels Drained: 4
Mia HP 82/110 4 neg levels
Spells Lost:
Hijacking Dispel
Suddenly Phantom Train
Polymorph Any Object
Veles Missile


Mia stumbled about, feeling cold and clammy. Her staff spoke up. "Milady, I regret to inform you that many of your high level spells have been lost. Examination of your vital signs reveals the cause to be a direct attack on the soul."

"I know how energy draining works!" Mia shouted. "Now how about a little retaliation?!"

Mia lifted the staff, tapping into the magic she had stored within it. A massive transparent glowing blue hand appeared in the air. At a gesture from Mia, the hand went barreling into the fiend who had drained her. It struck head on, sending the monster flying, where it landed on it's back, dazed.
Quote:
Holt's Clenched Fist
Charges Remaining: 43/50
Fort Save DC30 or stun.
Attack Roll (CL+INT+13): 49
Damage: 105
Astraloth B HP 159/210 +20 Str Prone, Stunned

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Arin moved back into attack range and attack putting everything into the strike. He leapt into the air and tumbled forward, using his momentum to strike even more heavily, putting everything into that single strike.

Spoiler:
Free: Five-Foot step
Standard Attack
Blitz, add BAB to damage but provoke AoO
Immediate foil AoO if it comes
19,+32=51
Crit: 8+32=50

1+3+4+6+68=82
4+1+4+5+68=82
6+1+3+6+68=84
5+6+2+4+68=85
82+82+84+85=333 (if crit)


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:07 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The daemon attempted to counter Arin's attack, but it was pushed back. Arin's axe cleaved through the creature, slicing it in half. Black fiends blood splattered over the ground. As the fiend died, it's body dispersed into wisps of inky shadows.
Quote:
Astraloth C HP 0/210


Meanwhile, the astraloth Mia controlled leaped upon it's fallen comarade, tearing into it.
Quote:
Hit
Damage: 25-10(DR10/Good and Wood)=15
Astraloth B HP 144/210 +20 Str


As the controlled daemon backed off, Mia slammed her fist upwards and shouted "Tak'kelihatan tanah hantu, shirkit muan! Tanah perubahan tsandol!" The earth shifted and shot upwards, massive rocks knocking the weakened daemon into the air.

Quote:
Tremors
Flare of Magic: Damage die increased by one size, Empowered
All squares affected are difficult terrain
Reflex DC25 half
Damage: 69
Astraloth B HP 75/210 +20 Str


Mia then slammed her fist down, and the glowing blue hand shot downwards, plowing the astraloth into the ground.

Quote:
Holt's Clenched Fist
Swift Action: Command the hand to attack.
Attack Roll: 43
Damage: 100
Astraloth B HP 0/210


Beneath the fist, the fiend died, and it's body dispersed. However, instead of it fading away, the fiends essence flew back into the only remaining fiend.
Quote:
Soul Siphon
Astraloth A HP 355/210 +22 Str, 145 Temporary HP


That fiend hissed. The parameters of it's Suggestion had been fulfilled and it was released from the the spell. It turned back to Mia, furious.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Arin saw the demon turn on them and gave a great shout, taking to the air and charging in, his blade striking with enough force to shatter steal, wanting the demon out of the way.

Spoiler:
Move: Close on astraloth
Standard: Full Attack
Blitz: Add BAB to Damage but provoke AoO
Power attack -5 attack +10 damage
9+32=41
2+1+2+5+72=82

5+30=35
2+6+2+2+72=84

7+30=37
3+6+4+2+72=87

17+30=47
4+3+6+6+72=91


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The daemon crumpled to the ground, sliced to ribbons. The pieces dispersed into a dark cloud which quickly faded away.
_______________________
Back aboard the whisper, the trio had managed to make their way to just outside the captains room.

"So..." Sayo asked. "Any plan?"

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
There came a rumbling in the distance and Arin turned to see a cloud of dust raising off behind the undead armies. Squinting he saw that the forces of his adopted brother's had finally arrived. Towering giraffes in barding designed to provide protection and a firing platform for sparrow and finch magicians which were already hurling volleys of lightning and fire into the undead ranks. Clouds of flies, some joining the birds in hurling magic, others rushing to battle with the creatures. Over head larger birds were already wheeling over the battle dropping spheres filled with holly water in blankets over the hoards of the undead. Under the rest bear, wolves, horses, monkeys, lions, and all other manner of animal, charging in rank and file, each armed as well as their physiology would allow ready to fight and destroy the undead.

"My brother's forces are here," he said to the woman, "the ground battle is all but over now, and my brother is after their leader himself. But there's still one more front to this battle," he looked up to the battle going on over head. "Thank you for your help, if you want to seek a cleric now do so," he fanned his wings, "I have more fighting to do today." With that he took to the air, flying at impossible speed, setting course for the nearest enemy ship."

Spoiler:
Full: Run 800 ft.


****

"Find their leader, and punch him until he falls down," Wei said simply. "What else?"


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
"Then we attack!" Sayo shouted.

She leaped forwards, a burst of wind blasting down the door.

Inside, there was a large room, with a throne in it's center. Sitting on the throne was a tall woman, dressed quite elegantly. She smiled, revealing razor sharp canine's. A vampire. Sitting at the vampire's side was a skeletal tiger. Between it's bones, blue fire blazed. Around the vampire, several transparent crystals floated. Black energy pulsed within them.

Behind the throne was a pitch black hallway. Not even darkvision could pierce it.

"Welcome, brave heroes. I am Aldanna, Headmistress of the Academy Necronomica." The vampire said. Her voice was calm and charming. "I must applaud you on your cleverness."

"What do you mean?" Sayo asked, sword at the ready.

The vampire giggled. "Cut off the head, and body dies, right? You intend to destroy the commander, and cripple our organization, are you not?"

"Then there's no more reason for us to talk..." Sayo concentrated, and began to lift off the ground. The air in the room stirred and swirled before gathering into spheres of air beneath each of her feet.
Quote:
Air Scooter
+80 move speed
+8 dodge AC
Unable to do any other bending.


"Indeed." The vampire said. She held out her hand, and a black energy gathered, forming into a scythe. From the darkness behind her, a skeletal tyrannosaurus appeaered, blazing with blue fire, like the others. Out of the wall burst two more skeletons, these slithering along on vastly lengthened spinal chords.
Quote:
Boss
Aldanna, Dread Necromancer HP ???
Negative Energy Node x6 HP 50
Beast Spawn T-Rex HP 160
Beast Spawn Dire Tiger HP 130
Death Tower x2 HP 80

_________________________________________________________________________
Mia took off after the fighter, trying, but failing, to keep up.

"Wait! You're still hurt! At least find a cleric to remove the energy drain!"

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
As the ghouls collapsed, Kiri leaped off of the thunderbird. Fairy-like wings sprouted from her back, and she flew down to where the guards stood.

"Search the houses! Find anyone who's still alive and get them somewhere safe! I'll take care of the undead!"

"Any you think you can handle yourself?!" The guard captain asked.

Kiri turned, and then inhaled deeply. She held her hands up to her mouth before exhaling, releasing an enormous wave of flame. The fire took shape, transforming into two enormous fiery scorpions.

Quote:
Conjure Firebeast
Summon elementals with fire subtype. Combined CR cannot be higher than bending level.
Colossal Fire Element Scorpion HP 300


"The answer is yes. Yes i can." Kiri said.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
"Wait let-" Wei shouted but Sayo was already on the other side of the door. Following the woman into the room Wei sprang into action. "Iron Golem Rampages through Barnyard!" she shouted and charged in slamming first one of the tigers into the ground before charging at the other and doing the same.

while Wei and the woman were charging in Charden waited, preparing to strike.

Spoiler:
Wei:

Swift: Gain Fighting Style, Iron golem rampages through barnyard

Awesome blow: slam tigers into the ground

Full Charge: 14+27+2=43
3+4+2+2+1+1+2+5+4+5+2+6+5+4+3+5+6+2+5+4+2+6+3+4+6+2+6+5+6+2+2+3+5+5+21+1+1+2+6+1+6=149 (positive)

Full: charge 18+27+2=45
2+1+4+4+6+2+4+6+4+5+5+2+3+5+3+3+2+4+2+5+2+6+2+5+2+5+5+3+6+1+6+6+1+4+6+6+1+2+5+6+21=173 (positive)

Charden:
Full: Study death tower


******

"I can find a cleric once this battle is over," Arin shouted, "if we wait the air battle could turn against us before we make it."


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Wei's attack struck home with the tiger. The force of the blow scattered it's bones everywhere, and the blue flame dissipated.

The vampire laughed. "Tougher than I estimated, but not by much."

Black energy expanded from the vampire, engulfing Wei.

Quote:
Negative Energy Aura
Damage: 10
Wei HP 163/173


The vampire paused. "That usually kills people..." She then laughed again. "I'll have to be sure to turn you into something undead after I kill you. How about a ghoul? Or a death knight? Perhaps another vampire?"

She leaped towards Wei, striking with her scythe. The blade crackled with negative energy. Wei was quick however. She ducked beneath the swing, and sweep kicked the vampire's feet out from under her. As the vampire fell, she disappeared in a puff of smoke, and reappeared some distance from Wei.
Quote:
Attack of Opportunity
Trip
Success

Quote:
Bamf
Immediate Action
Teleport


Sayo hung back from the negative energy aura, and instead held out her sword. Air swirled around it building and compressing. She then swung her sword, and a wave of visable air launched out. It streaked through the room, slicing through the T-Rex and then heading straight for where the vampire reappeared.

Quote:
Shockwave
Super Shockwave
Attack Roll: 48
Damage: 200


The T-Rex was sliced completely in half, and fell to the ground in a pile of bones. However, the vampire turned towards the attack as she reappeared with unnatural agility and slammed her palm into it. The attack struck the palm and dissipated.

The floating gemstones flew higher, away from the battle. The death towers turned towards Sayo, hurling negative energy laced fireballs. She easily leaped away from the attacks, the fireballs detonating harmlessly.

Quote:
Fireball
Reflex DC15
Sayo Automatic Success HP 260/260 Improved Evasion

Quote:
Fireball
Reflex DC15
Sayo Same game as before

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Mia followed the dragon warrior up towards the nearest airship. If they couldn't go to a cleric, then she would just have to bring a cleric to them.

She held out her staff, and the gem at the tip glowed. "M.I.D.A.S.! Summoning spell! Miirik Athear!"

"As you wish, milady." The staff replied.

As they touched down on the deck of the airship, a glowing seal appeared on the ground before her. There was the sound of perfect music as a creature with silver skin and golden wings arose from the seal. In it's hand it carried an enormous black and silver trumpet.

Quote:
Summon Monster
Charges Remaining: 35/50
Summoning Trumpet Archon
Trumpet Archon HP 130/130
Spells Prepared
0—detect magic, light, purify food and drink, read magic, resistance (2); 1st—bless (2), divine favor (2), obscuring mist*, sanctuary, shield of faith; 2nd—wind wall*, bull’s strength, cure moderate wounds, consecrate, lesser restoration, owl’s wisdom (2); 3rd—daylight, invisibility purge, gaseous form*, magic vestment, protection from energy (2); 4th— dismissal, divine power, holy smite*, restoration (2); 5th—control winds*, mass cure light wounds, plane shift, raise dead; 6th— chain lightning*, heal (2), undeath to death; 7th—holy word*, destruction, mass cure serious wounds.
*Domain spell. Domains: Air, Good


The archon bowed and spoke in celestial, it's voice soft and soothing. "You who have called upon me, I am at your service for the duration of the spell."

"Thank you" Mia said, in the same language. "Can you restore the life force that I've lost?"

"As you wish." The celestial held out it's hand. A golden light shone from it, washing over Mia. She felt her strength and energy return.

"Thanks." Mia said. "Could you also cast Restoration on the half-dragon over there?"

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Wei looked at the vampire, her skin fading back into flesh, "surrender," she said, standing straight "and I won't destroy you."

***
Arin didn't even bother to land instead heading straight for the door and bursting into the ship.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
Mia and the archon quickly followed him, making their way into the interior of the ship. The passed down a flight of stairs and into a large hallway.

The burst into a room filled with bones. Out of the towering piles, emerged several undead knights, wielding greatswords. Out of the piles of bones emerged four towering dragon skeletons, and a massive bone serpent. Flying above the battle was a magician, wielding a staff coated in ice. At the far end of the room, a black robed priest stood, chanting prayers to his dark gods.

Quote:
Graveknight Fighter x8 HP 140
Boneyard HP 160
Young Adult Red Dragon Skeleton x4 HP 200
Necromantic Priest HP 100
Sorcerer HP 80

Note: Entire floor is filled with bone and counts as difficult terrain.


The knights rushed towards Arin, weapons drawn. Arin's reflexes were top notch however. As they approached, he brought his enormous axe down on them, quickly taking out two of them.
Quote:
Attack of Opportunity!
Attack of Opportunity!
Attack Rolls: 42/45
Damage Total: 172
Graveknight A HP 0

Quote:
Attack of Opportunity
Attack of Opportunity
Attack Rolls:49/56
Damage Total: 175
Graveknight B HP 0


Two more knights charged towards Arin, swinging swords. As soon as the half-dragon cleaved apart two of the knights, he knocked aside the other attacks.

Another two knights attacked Mia. One leaped into the air, and came down on her with it's sword. Mia again felt the staff heat up in her hand, indicating that the defensive enchantments were working. She quickly raised the staff, catching the sword swing and then pushed forwards, knocking the knight away. The other knight charged forwards, thrusting it's sword at her. Mia brought her staff down, knocking the blade into the ground, sending up a spray of bones.

The last two knights remained in the rear. They held out their hands, and blasts of freezing cold emanated from their hands. Arin was unaffected, while Mia was only barely harmed.
Quote:
Devastating Blast
Reflex DC 19
Damage: 24
Arin Automatic success HP 299/299
Mia Automatic success HP 198/200

Quote:
Devastating Blast
Reflex DC19
Damage: 22
Arin Automatic success HP 299/299
Mia Automatic success HP 197/200


After knocking away the knights, Mia pointed her staff towards one of the knights. She spoke quickly, almost to fast to understand. "Hantu bisau! Darah mas irlym keawetan sihir! Gixustrat dia hantu!

One of the graveknight's began to glow brighter and brighter, until an enormous wave of positive energy burst out from him, raidiating over the room. The undead warrior screamed as the positive energy consumed in in white flames.
Quote:
Erzebet's Soul-Flensing Ligature
Metamagic: Quickened
Will DC30 or Daze
Damage: 16
Grave Knight C HP 124/140
Grave Knight D HP 124/140
Grave Knight E HP 124/140
Grave Knight F HP 124/140
Grave Knight G fail HP 124/140 Erzebet's Soul-Flensing Ligature
Grave Knight H HP 124/140
Mia HP 200/200
Arin HP 299/299
Trumpet Archon HP 130/130


As soon as she finished casting, Mia flicked her wrist. A wand shot out into her hand. As the wand's magic activated, Mia's eyes glowed a bright red. She turned to one of the knights who had attacked her, and bright red beams fired from each eye, striking the warrior.
Quote:
Wand of Klarkh's Searing Vision
Personal Wonder: May use own caster level in place of items.
Remaining charges: 49
Attack Rolls: 17/24
Extra 2d6 damage if both beams hit same target.
Damage: 74
Grave Knight E HP 50/140


From up above, the sorcerer spoke his own words of magic. "Dingan lingkaren!"
A sphere of cold and ice fired down into the mass of combat. The freezing cold washed over the undead, where it had no effect. However, it struck Mia, Arin and the archon.
Quote:
Otilukes Freezing Sphere
Reflex DC 24
Damage: 52
SR Checks: Arin's fail
SR Checks: Mia's fail
SR Checks: Trumpet Archon's fail

However, their resistance to magic prevented the spell from having any effect whatsoever.

"Damnit!" The sorcerer shouted. He snapped his fingers, and a glowing blue bead hidden beneath a pile of bones suddenly exploded, releasing even more cold.
Quote:
Delayed Blast Fireball (reshaped to cold)
Reflex DC25
Damage: 55
SR Checks: Arin's Success
SR Checks: Mia's Fail
SR Checks: Trumpet Archon's fail
Arin 38 success HP 291/299


The trumpet archon spread it's wings and flew upwards towards the sorcerer. An aura of righteous power surrounded him. He held out his hand and shouted. "Lightning of the storm. Strike!"

A bolt of electricity crackled from the archons hands, and struck the sorcerer, critically injuring him.
Quote:
Aura of Menace
Will DC21 or -2 attacks, AC and saves
Sorcerer Fail HP 80/80

Quote:
Chain Lightning
Reflex DC19
Attack Roll: 28
Damage: 53
Sorcerer HP 27/80 aura of menace


The boneyard sank into the pile of bones, vanishing. The undead dragons rushed forwards. Two attacked arin, who knocked aside their bites.

The other two attacked Mia. She struck the snout of one with her staff, pushing it aside, and then thrust upwards, redirecting the second bite away.

From the rear, the dark priest held aloft his unholy symbol, skull and scythe, in one hand, and his unholy mace in the other. His dark armor glowed, as did his mask.

"Thou are not of this world! In the name of the Nerull, Bringer of Darkness, I command thee! Return to the realms from whence you came!"

All four items glowed, and a black wave of energy flowed out, engulfing Mia, Arin and the archon. Mia felt as if unseen hands were dragging on her. She, the archon and the dragon flickered, briefly caught between two planes. For an instant, she saw Cereseta's Island on Elysium.
Quote:
Banishment
Will DC24 or Arin is forced back to Fē Demiplane.
Will DC32 or Mia is forced back to Elysium.
Will DC32 or Trumpet Archon is forced back to Celestia.
SR Checks: Arin's success
SR Checks: Mia's success
Arin 38 success HP 291/299
Mia 38 success HP 200/200
Trumpet Archon nat20 success HP 130/130


Mia managed to concentrate through it. Her form stopped flickering and stabilized, managing to stay the Material.
_______________________________________
Aldanna paused shortly, and then laughed.

"Me? Surrender? Surely you jest?" The vampire paused again. "You don't! That's truly hilarious! You think you can threaten me? I'm well out of you league, child of the angels. You are nothing more than an annoyance on my journey to greatness!"

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
DM wrote:
Airship battle handled via in-person play.


The spell-engines roared as the airship was steered off course. It turned, and rammed head long into the next airship with a deafening crash. Then those two airships began to fall, striking two ships beneath them, and sending all four of them careening down into the ranks of the undead army. On their impact, the cores detonated, releasing a massive explosio that tore through the undead, incinerating those close to the blast, while others were sent flying far away. The ground troops of the royal army cheered, morale increased, and charged forward into the ranks, destroying all in their way.

Quote:
Treasure
Magic Greatsword x10
Graveknight Armor x10 (cursed)
Flaming Axe x1
Unholy Mace x1
Mask of Command Undead x1
Unholy Magic Robes x1
Greater Frost Staff x1 Charges 50
Spells:
Freezing Sphere (6 charges)
Blizzard (5 charges)
Control Temperature (3 charges)
Wall of Ice (4 charges)
Frostfell (8 charges)
Orb of Cold (4 charges)

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
"Lady," Wei said, "I am a Fe. Even if you managed to kill me, which, yeah I doubt that. Someone else will be along to finish you." She shrugged, "not that you'll listen anyway. Iron Golem Rampages though barnyard!" He skin turned to metal and she charged the woman, bringing her fist down as she came close. And then unleashing a flurry of blows upon the woman.

While she struck at the vampire Charden charged and struck the tower he'd set his eyes on blinking back into sight. He was a blur as his blades swirled and slashed at the tower almost faster the the eye could see.

Quote:
Wei: Swift: Gain Fighting Style, Iron golem rampages through barnyard

Awesome blow: slam vampire into the ground

Full: Charge 19+30+2 (charge)=51

Damage: 199 (6d6+6d6 (cold)+6d6 (nonlethal)+32d6 (awesome blow) all turned to positive energy)

Full Attack:
13+25=38
18d6+22=81 (positive)

17+25=42
18d6+22= 83 (positive)

7+25=32
18d6+22=84 (positive)

15+25=40
18d6+22=86 (positive)

Charden

Attack: 18+8=26
1d8+5d6+14d6+6=64

18+20=38
crit: 18+14=32
1d8+5d6+14d6+6=78
1d8=8
78+8=86

speed: 7+18=25
1d8+5d6+14d6+6=76


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
The vampire crumpled to the ground, and lay still. Her body turned gray, and crumbled into dust. The dust scattered away, as if a breeze had stirred it, but none was felt, leaving behind only her equipment.

Quote:
Victory!
Spoils:
Defending Vorpal Scythe
Absorbing Magic Clothing
Dust of Confusion x2

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 2368
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41
Out of the ship poured skeletons and zombies, at their center was a black skeleton.

(sorry it's so short, I lost this ******* post four times and I just want to get something up. I'll add more maybe.)


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Labyrinth
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 227
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11
From her vantage point atop a building, Kiri looked down at the horde of skeletons. "You probably should have packed umbrellas!" She taunted "I hear the weather around here can be fairly violent!"

Kiri raised her bow, and fired an arrow straight into the air. When the arrow reached maximum height, it exploded, transforming into a deadly rain of flaming arrows, each striking down on a skeleton.

Quote:
Point Blank Shot
May make one ranged attack against every enemy within first range increment. (360ft.)
Attack Roll: 54 Critical Hit! (favored enemy)
Damage: 104


As the arrows fell, Kiri whistled, and directed her pets entered the fray into the fray. The thunderbird let lose a blast of lightning while the scorpions reached for the black skeleton, with their pincers.

Quote:
Breath of the Elements: Electricity
Reflex DC23 half
Damage: 49


Quote:
Fire Scorpion A
Attack Roll: 44
Damage: 24
Improved Grab
Grapple Roll: 69
If successful
Constrict
Damage: 21


Quote:
Fire Scorpion B
Attack Roll: 51
Damage: 25
Improved Grab (if first scorpions fails)
Grapple Roll: 71
If successful
Damage: 20

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

suspicion-preferred