Welcome
Welcome to rpplace

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

P.S. If you already have an account please disregard this message...

Infernum

Infernum

Postby Dragonexx » Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Across the first circle, there was nothing. It was mostly sand, and a few boulders scattered about. There were precious few natural resources, so the mortals who resided here were forced to struggle just to eat and drink.

However, despite the lack of natural reasources, what the first circle was rich in was the unnatural. This was the premier place for damned souls to fall, upon being condemned to Hell for the life they had lived on Earth. Thus, despite how barren it's landscape might be, it was of premier interest to the hellkin.

However, not all the arrivals were damned souls. When an angel sinned against the Divine, it was cast out of His perfect realm of Heaven and into Hell.

Above the first circle, Ivarius flew, letting the heat rising off the sand carry him high above the ground. This area of the first circle was known as the Labyrinth, because there was an abnormal amount of boulders here, that formed into a maze nearly impossible to navigate. Fortunately, as Ivarius was flying, the maze presented no threat to him.

At the moment, Ivarius kept his eyes on the sky, which was filled with thick purplish clouds. These were the clouds of lethe, which floated above the entirety of Hell, erasing the memories of those who fell through them, and shielding Hell from the attention of other worlds. Or so he was told.

Anyways, Ivarius was out here looking for damned souls, hoping to aquire one for himself, and therefore have a reliable supply of iliaster.

It was then that he noticed it. He looked up to see a figure falling through the Lethe clouds towards the ground. This was no damned soul. It had wings, and in it's hand it carried at sword. An angel!
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 11

Re: Infernum

Postby Darkmaster » Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 am

He was only dimly aware of his impact, the pain. He managed to drag his eyes open the purple haze looming above him. It seemed to him those clouds had a purpose, but he couldn't remember what they were. He felt he was lost but couldn't think where from. He had so many questions, but through it all one then shone through laying there, wondering what had happened, was futile. His body screamed for mercy but he ignored it, hauling himself to his feet, demanding his body obey.

He looked around, dust and ash as far as the eye could see a sudden pang off sadness split his heart and he knew without a doubt that this was wrong, he wasn't supposed to be here, he was meant for better. He was supposed to fly the over endless fields of light not these dusty plains. Fly? he looked back, sure enough his back was adorned by a pair of radiant wings, somewhat dusty but all they needed was a good shaking out. Tentatively he tested them they worked, or at least as well as any part of him was working at the moment. So he attempted to fly, it took a few moments of clumsy experimentation but soon he was in the air. He would have tried to break through those clouds, but he had the feeling they were the cause of his unceremonious fall to the dust, and something in him stirred in anger at the thought of crashing a second time.

Taking wing her looked to find any signs of life, unsure of whether he wanted to find anything or not. There was something about all this, he was confused, even a little scared and he could feel every fiber of his being screaming out at the wrongness of that. He was never meant to doubt, to fear. His was certainty and strength and courage and power. Yes, power but at that moment he didn't feel powerful, he felt cold and alone as thought he whole world had turned his back on him. And if that were the case why did he need the world? Why shouldn't he except the fate that was given to him? If the world would deny him power he would take it himself. If the world demanded he cower he would stab fear in the face. And if he was alone if he could have no companions, he would conquer this land and have servants.

Then he saw it, movement at the edge of his vision, someone was coming. His grip on his sword, as of yet unnoticed, tightened. Maybe he was still on edge, but if this being was hostile then it would know his wrath.

Darkmaster has been thanked by:
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 41

Postby Dragonexx » Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

She had a hard time telling how long she had been here. The sky was covered in thick purple clouds that made her nervous to just look at them. So she didn't, and instead focused on where she was going. She was lost, but of course, she had been lost since she had first arrived in wherever she was. She had the vague feeling that she wasn't on earth anymore.

Her name was Maribel Han, and until three days ago, she had been a university student. The three days was as best as she could tell from the rising of the sickly ball of fire that might have been the sun (however it seemed far closer than the sun should have been, and it didn't rise above the purple clouds).

Soon after she had arrived, she had found a corpse. Fortunately, the corpse had the shortsword she now carried on her, and in addition had a reasonable supply of food. Now, unfortunately, the food was running out, and if she didn't find civilization soon, she was looking at a death by starvation.

It was then that Maribel happened to look up, and see something falling. Thin wisps of the purple clouds trailed from the being as it fell. It hit the ground with a resounding thud.

Maribel found the figure laying in an open clearing. She didn't enter right away. She had seen someone else flying towards the location. She ducked behind a boulder and gripped her sword. She had learned quite quickly how to make it catch fire, or freezing cold, and it had been useful for fending off that one monster that had attacked her before.

"Greetings." He said.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm

The angel frowned at the demon his wing's keeping him aloft, and more importantly, well our of the creature's reach. "What do you want?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Wed May 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Ivarius's grinned. "Do you know where you are, angel?" He asked.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Wed May 23, 2012 6:30 pm

"I don't particularly care," he said, outwardly calm, but his mind was racing at the mention of the word angel a thousand thoughts clamored for attention but penetrating though them all was the overwhelming sense that the title rang true. He was an angel a servant of god and that meant he must have been cast out for one reason or another. But there would be time to lament past glory later for now. "But you appear to be in my way."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Wed May 23, 2012 7:03 pm

"Well then, I doubt that you really have no concern over your present location. After all, with your memories gone, it would be most prudent to learn as much about your current location as possible. Welcome to hell." Ivarius said. "More specifically, the Infernum, the great empire of the hellkin."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Thu May 24, 2012 4:13 am

The angel tilted his head, "I'll keep that in mind." His eyes narrowed, "but a thought occurs, you aren't trying to insinuate anything are you?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 pm

"Me? Why of course not!" Ivarius said with false shock. "Truly, I have your best interests at heart."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

"Well then, get out of my way."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 pm

"But, where do you intend to go?" Ivarius asked. "Surely, you would need a guide to find your way about the pit. Not to mention those with less than savory intentions for you."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:27 am

"So you wish to be my.. porter?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:17 pm

"Not exactly. I wo-" Ivarius stopped mid-sentence and looked off into the distance. Something was approaching.

They came into view, a group of three gauntfliers carrying various demons on them.

"Oh wonderful, competition." Ivarius drew his sword and hissed.

The lead gauntflier flew over towards a boulder next to the one Ivarius was standing on and a man wearing a suit and tie stepped off. He looked much like human, and indeed could have passed for one. However there were slight things that told that he was inhuman. When he smiled, his teeth were revealed to be razor sharp, and when he opened his mouth his tongue was forked. in addition, when he bowed and took off his fedora, it was revealed that he had small horns.

"Greetings, o' angel. My name is Marut, viscount of House Zethu. I was heading out here to personally scout out the brass pillars, when my radars detected a something very interesting. Imagine my surprise when I found that the source of the illiaster spike was an angel!

"You must be feeling lost and confused. If you would come with me, I could explain everything. This goes for the human as well." Marut turned towards Maribel.

Maribel had been hiding the entire time, listening in on the conversation. She was in hell? But she didn't have any memory of dying or anything!

Then, when the new arrival pointed her out, she spoke up. "I-I'm not going with you anywhere!"

Marut looked unsurprised. He shook his head. The poor dear must be tired and not thinking straight. Gal, would you fetch her for me?

The towering hulk on the next gauntflier leaped off and stomped over to Maribel. She tried to run but it had a long reach. The demon picked up Maribel and then climbed up onto the boulder next to Marut.

"So what do you say? I can offer the both of you a place to stay, as the sandstorms out here can be ever so deadly."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 am

The angel's eyes narrowed as he looked over Marut, "and what, oh great and pretentious, one do you gain from all this?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm

"What I gain is unimportant, what is important is what you gain. A newly fallen angel in hell will soon draw attention from every demon nearby. Most end up being cracked open or rendered down for illiaster. And that's not counting the hellkin who would just outright kill you."

He turned to Maribel. "Even worse will be the things that get done to mortals. You are rather pretty, so you'd probably end up as a slave in a Riethii pleasure house, or failing that, the main course on an Oblurott banquet, or even as a guinea pig for the experiments of the Glabretch.

"What I'm offering is protection. Demons will be loathe to attack someone marked as the servant of a house, for fear of incurring that houses wrath. Thus, I believe it is in your best interest to join with me, at least for the short term. What do you say? Are there any questions?"
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:05 pm

"Those are all reasons not to trust you," the angel said.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 pm

"I"m not asking you to trust me. You'll find that trust is merely a tool that others use to manipulate you, more than often it gets you killed. What I'm asking is for you to understand me. It is in your best interest to come with me."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm

"And yet," he said, "you seem to gain nothing."
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

"Not entirely, I do gain three new servants for the time being and I can teach you much about the environment of the infernum. It's an agreement of mutual benefit."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 pm

"Three?" he asked, "why is the other demon being counted?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:14 pm

"Yeah, why include me in this?" Ivarius protested.

"These soul fields belong to House Zethu. Unless I'm mistaken, you were intending to poach souls from our territory. I could have you executed for that crime. However, Zethu's current status is tenuous. We need all the allies we can get at this point. So I would be willing to forgo your imprisonment, torture, and execution in exchange for a simple covenant of service."

Ivarius hissed. Well this had backfired brilliantly. He could see no way out of this situation. Refuse service, and the hulf would rip him in half. If he fought, the hulk would rip him in half. If he fled, the gauntflyers would catch up to him and the hulk would rip him in half.

Rather liking his body with out some assembly required Ivarius sighed, and knelt down. "You will have my services."

"Very well, now that that's settled, will you come with me, angel?" Marut asked.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:35 pm

The angle didn't take his gaze off the demon, still suspicious of his intentions. But he at least seemed better equipped than the porter. "Very well," he said, "I will accompany you. But understand, I am no slave." He looked at Ivarius, "porter, what is your name?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:50 pm

"I had no intention of being your porter." Ivarius said sullenly. "And my name is Ivarius."

"Very well then," Marut said. He hopped back on the gauntflyer. "If you'll follow me, we can head back to my domain."

The hulk leaped on the gauntflyer next to Marut, still carrying the stuggling Maribel. The gauntflyers took off.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 am

The angle stepped into the aircraft and sat down glancing about at his surroundings. It was good to see what the vehicle was like, though it seemed to him that without his memory anything would seem unique, especially after all that flat greyness. Still he effected disinterest, which wasn't difficult because he wasn't terribly interested. He sniffed, "where exactly are you taking me then?"
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 pm

"We ride out to my palace. I rule a domain not far from this location." Marut said.

"And what am I supposed to do?" Maribel asked.

"You can make friends, there are plenty of other useless people around the castle." The demon gestured to a girl standing next to the hulk. "Take Lust for example. You'll have plenty to talk about."

The demon entered something in on the control panel of the gauntflyer and the bio-machines took off, flying over the valley.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am

"Worthless?" the angle asked, eying the female demon, "what makes her so worthless?" He cocked his head, peering intently at her. "I bet I could find a use for her," he said thoughtfully, his mind working furiously. He didn't know what the woman was, some form of demon doubtless. But he couldn't begin to place her. It didn't matter though, anything could be made into an advantage if you thought hard enough.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Shewolf13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 pm

The female demon kept her head down, mostly. She was actually quite beautiful, though unusual for a demon. She looked more or less human, with wings that draped over her shoulders and a thin, sinuous tail. Small horns set atop her head. When she raised her head, she looked at one with pools of deep cobalt; they could mesmerize and enthrall should one look at them long enough. But she ducked her head again, not wishing to socialize with anyone. It was safer this way.
Thanks to Wadjet for the set ^^
Shewolf13

Highscores: 7

Postby Dragonexx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:16 pm

"Is something wrong?" Maribel asked.

"Give it up." Ivarius said, still sulking.

"What? What do you mean?" Maribel asked.

"She's a succubus, the breed of demon always accustomed to finery and the upper class of Hell. Don't think she considers it worth her time to talk with a mortal such as you."
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Postby Darkmaster » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 am

The Angle frowned, the information he was receiving wasn't matching up. "Marut," he said, "since she's useless, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I took her off your hands hm?" He looked at the demon's his gaze slipping from Marut to Lust and back. He was interested to see how the demon would react to his suggestion.
Darkmaster
Site Admin

Postby Dragonexx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:43 pm

"To what purpose exactly?" Marut questioned.
Dragonexx
Site Admin

Next

Return to Modern Fantasy